Brenda Hamilton, Securities Lawyer
Hamilton & Associates Law Group, P.A., Founder and Partner, 1998-Present, an international corporate, securities, business and transactional law firm with offices in Boca Raton, Florida.
U.S. Outside General Counsel to a global conglomerate with product sales in more than 45 countries and revenues of approximately $700 million.
Notable Experience & Engagements:
Ms. Hamilton’s notable experience and engagements include:
- Corporate formation and compliance for domestic and international issuers.
- Outside counsel for domestic and international.
- Securities offerings ranging from less than $1,000,000 to more than $300,000,000 involving individual investors, banks and investment banking firms.
- Drafting of Registration Statements and other disclosures required under U.S. securities laws for multiple domestic and international issuers listed on the New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and the OTC markets.
- Independent Compliance Consultant in action by the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (“SEC”), to review and implement the operational procedures and compliance of an SEC Registered Transfer Agent effecting transactions in publicly traded securities pursuant to an SEC Administrative Order.
- Forensic and investigative counsel in connection with violations by a foreign issuer of U.S. sanctions and trade embargos of certain foreign countries, including Iran, resulting in referrals to the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Strategic counsel to a global conglomerate in an action against the government of the Philippines with the unlawful seizure of a commodities shipment.
- Forensic counsel to a New York Stock Exchange Listed Issuer in a complex trading scheme designed to depress the trading price of its securities, resulting in a referral to the S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
- Forensic counsel to a global group of companies in connection with the investigation of trade secret theft by a competitor in a foreign jurisdiction/
- Memorandum Preparation of Short Sale Market Risk Analysis, on behalf of an issuer for a British multinational bank, in connection with a proposed $200 million bond offering.
- Drafting plain English analysis of a forensic report prepared by a global accounting firm for a foreign issuer and auditor.
- Forensic counsel to an issuer in Class Action Litigation involving securities fraud claims.
- Reviewing and drafting agreements for complex commercial transactions for the sale of goods, acquisitions, mergers and other domestic and international transactions.
- Representation of a Patent Law Firm in connection with a cross border securities offering and related disclosures.
- Compliance with U.S. trade sanctions & embargo laws in various jurisdictions.
- Representation of an Auditor registered with the Public Company Oversight and Accounting Board in an action by the SEC and Justice Department related to his audit report of the financial statements of a publicly traded entity.
Media and Interviews:
- New York Business Daily, Topic: The Dark Side of the Marijuana Boom;
- Free Lance Investigative Journalist Topic: Securities Penny Stock Fraud Schemes and Reverse Mergers;
- South Florida Business Journal Topic: Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement action against Bank Atlantic;
- Quicken Small Business: Options for Capital Raising for Small Businesses;
Bar Associations and Professional Memberships and Awards:
- Admitted to practice – State of Florida;
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida;
- Florida State Bar;
- American Bar Association;
- International Law Committee of the American Bar Association;
- Business Law Committee of the American Bar Association;
- Palm Beach County Bar Association; and
- International Bar Association
- University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida, and
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, J.D.
Civic Memberships and Associations:
- Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Benefactor, Boca Raton Community Hospital Foundation Sponsor
- The Haven Benefactor
- Boca Raton Historical Society
- Underwriter, Junior League of Boca Raton
- Patron of the Arts, Boca Raton Museum of Art
Ms. Hamilton may be contacted by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 561- 416-8956.